Types of Veins
While different types of visible veins are similar in that they can be cosmetically unsightly and often cause patients constant or severe pain and discomfort, the problems that patients suffer from are derived from a variety of different vein conditions. These conditions include:
- Spider Veins Small, dilated blood vessels that spread in a pattern that many say resembles spider leg. These are typically treated using sclerotherapy.
- Reticular Veins Slightly larger than spider veins, these larger veins are often hereditary in nature and treated using microphlebectomy or traditional sclerotherapy.
- Varicose Veins Amongst the most common of vein conditions, varicose veins can be treated using a variety of new and traditional methods.
- Perforator Veins These veins are crucial in regulating blood draining in muscles, but they often require treatment if they ever become incompetent.
- Superficial Veins These veins, which lie below the surface of the skin, are often cosmetically undesirable, and can be readily treated with minimally invasive techniques to avoid surgery.
The Right Treatment
With many different types of veins, each requiring different approaches for treatment, reducing your visible veins requires trusting your care to an experienced physician and surgeon. As a widely respected medical team that has performed countless procedures, we believe we are an outstanding choice. To schedule a consultation, or to learn more about the various conditions and treatments, please call 800-670-1319.